So… I got my first blog award for 2016! *applause and cheers* I’d like to say a big thank you to Ared for nominating me as well as writing that lovely description of my blog on your site (the travel bug bit me hard indeed :D)
How it works is: I will nominate 15 fellow bloggers to do the Award, link back to the original person, and write seven facts about myself. It’ll all be good fun and a great way to get to know interesting blogs out there 🙂 Without further ado, Here are my nominees:
- Ms Kopino
- Wern Shern
- Mr Wu
7 facts about me:
- I have a tattoo of a lotus flower on my shoulder. Why a lotus? Although I’m not religious, I was raised a Buddhist and the lotus flower is what the Buddha sits on. It is a very resilient plant because its flowers bloom even in murky waters. I got it to remind myself that even if everything seems to be falling apart, I should be like that flower in the mud – bloom and make the best out of life.
- Throughout most of my early 20s, I struggled with depression, feelings of worthlessness and contemplated suicide. It was a very dark time in my life. Thankfully, that’s all behind me now 🙂
- I am not eloquent in person…which is why I became a writer instead lol.
- I like chewy stuff. Like squid, marshmallows, gummy bears and grilled intestines.
- I dislike small talk. I want to talk about how the universe was formed, about the stars, about theology, about medieval English history, about dinosaurs.
- I’ve always had an interest in words. My first word was ‘crab’ (or so my mum says). I did storytelling as a kid. I also won the state Spelling Bee and Scrabble competitions. We missed the nationals by one win. ONE.
- I love cats.
10 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
Thank you ! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Your welcomes 😃
Hi Eris, thank you for nominating me for the award, it made my day (or rather evening!).
Hey congrats on the award! I tried to write this twice but was having wifi problems. You’re definitely versatile in your writing, I enjoy reading your blog 🙂
Thank you very much Kat! I enjoy reading your travel stories too. Keep writing and hope you have fun with the award 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congrats for winning the award!
Thank you! 🙂
Sure thing Eris! Keep writing! The world needs more writers ☺