So… I got my first blog award for 2016! *applause and cheers* I’d like to say a big thank you to Ared for nominating me as well as writing that lovely description of my blog on your site (the travel bug bit me hard indeed :D)
How it works is: I will nominate 15 fellow bloggers to do the Award, link back to the original person, and write seven facts about myself. It’ll all be good fun and a great way to get to know interesting blogs out there :) Without further ado, Here are my nominees:
- Ms Kopino
- Wern Shern
- Mr Wu
7 facts about me:
- I have a tattoo of a lotus flower on my shoulder. Why a lotus? Although I’m not religious, I was raised a Buddhist and the lotus flower is what the Buddha sits on. It is a very resilient plant because its flowers bloom even in murky waters. I got it to remind myself that even if everything seems to be falling apart, I should be like that flower in the mud – bloom and make the best out of life.
- Throughout most of my early 20s, I struggled with depression, feelings of worthlessness and contemplated suicide. It was a very dark time in my life. Thankfully, that’s all behind me now :)
- I am not eloquent in person…which is why I became a writer instead lol.
- I like chewy stuff. Like squid, marshmallows, gummy bears and grilled intestines.
- I dislike small talk. I want to talk about how the universe was formed, about the stars, about theology, about medieval English history, about dinosaurs.
- I’ve always had an interest in words. My first word was ‘crab’ (or so my mum says). I did storytelling as a kid. I also won the state Spelling Bee and Scrabble competitions. We missed the nationals by one win. ONE.
- I love cats.